This week on Here After with Megan Devine:
Pet Loss and Veterinarians Who Cry: With Veterinary Oncologist and Author Dr. Renee Alsarraf
We’re on break, creating all new episodes for season 3. In the meantime, here’s one of our favorite episodes from the past year. See you soon.
Nobody likes to talk about pet loss… but everybody wants to talk about pet loss. What a difficult scenario that is! Veterinary oncologist Dr. Renee Alsarraf joins us to talk about grief, professionalism, and the importance of being human – on the job and off.
Listen from this page & follow Here After with Megan Devine wherever you get your podcasts.
To submit your topic requests or questions visit megandevine.co
In this episode we cover:
- The whole truth about loving – and losing – your pets
- The terrible advice Dr. Renee Alsarraf’s grad school teacher gave her (and why she refused to listen)
- Why veterinarians and other professionals should really NOT check their human emotions at the door
- When it’s time to welcome a new love into your life (human or otherwise)
- How Dr. Alsarraf’s experience with veterinary oncology did (and didn’t) prepare her for her own cancer diagnosis
About our guest:
Dr. Renee Alsarraf is a veterinary oncologist, lecturer, and philanthropist. Her new book Sit Stay Heal is a moving and uplifting memoir of an esteemed veterinary oncologist fighting to save her four-legged patients while making sense of her own unexpected cancer diagnosis.
For more information, including clinical training and resources, visit us at megandevine.co
Want to talk with Megan directly? Join our patreon community for live monthly Q&A sessions.
New episodes of #HereAfterPod air every Monday. Subscribe and listen on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you find your podcasts.
Tune in, listen, review, subscribe, and please share with everyone you know. Standing out in the vast sea of podcasts is HARD, and I need your help – together we can make things better, even when they can’t be made right.
Not sure where to find podcasts? We got you. You can listen for free at any of these sites: