This week on It’s OK that You’re Not OK:
It’s Ok that You’re Not OK: the podcast
What would be different if we could all just tell the truth about our lives?
Welcome to SEASON THREE of It’s OK that You’re Not OK: the podcast (formerly known as Here After with Megan Devine).
I started this show to talk about grief, and it’s grown to be so much more than that – it’s become a place for real conversations about life, and love, and loss, and even… hope.
In season three, episode zero, we cover the name change (FKA: Here After with Megan Devine), explore the worlds we create when we decide to talk about difficult things, and get a little preview of this season’s guests.
This season is FULL of deeply fascinating conversations with wonderful people.
- Baratunde Thurston on the twin arcs of grief and celebration that weave through his work as an author, speaker, and TV host.
- Musician Sarah Ramey shares the joy of having her song featured in an episode of the hit series Wednesday, and the grief of being a person with a chronic illness in an industry that doesn’t care if you’re too sick to create more music.
- Creative Live founder Chase Jarvis talks about whether a financially successful, able bodied white male is really allowed to feel grief or exhaustion.
- Trauma expert Dr. Gabor Maté describes how disallowing grief creates a disconnected, often violent world – and of course, what we can do about it.
- And so many more conversations with kind, thoughtful people, like Rachel Cargle, Maggie Smith, Valarie Kaur, Pooja Lakshmin, Bill McKibben… the list is long, and I can’t wait for you to meet them all.
Want to talk with Megan directly? Join our patreon community for live monthly Q&A sessions: your questions, answered.
Books and resources may contain affiliate links. For a collection of all the books mentioned in the history of the show (plus other things we think are interesting or helpful), visit the affiliate store.
For more information, including clinical training and consulting and to share your thoughts, visit us at megandevine.co
New episodes of #ItsOkPod air every Monday. Subscribe and listen on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to podcasts. Tune in, listen, review, subscribe, and please share with everyone you know.
Not sure where to find podcasts? We got you. You can listen for free at any of these sites: