This week on It’s OK that You’re Not OK:
Sam Sanders: life has been lifing
Sam Sanders is a well known and well loved radio and podcast host. He went a little extra-viral for a recent episode of his show, Vibe Check, in which he and his co-hosts openly discussed grief. This week on It’s OK, Sam joins us to talk about being open with his grief, and the ongoing relationships we have with those who have died.
In this episode we cover:
- What happens if you give grief a voice?
- The double-edged sword of church communities
- Why understanding context helps you treat yourself more kindly
- How men speaking honestly about grief helps everyone
- Throwing out the rule book on grief
Want to learn the skills you need to work with grief? Join Megan’s grief intensive training right here.
About our guest:
Sam Sanders is the host of Into It, the flagship culture podcast from Vulture, and the co-host of Vibe Check on Stitcher. He covered electoral politics for NPR, and was one of the original co-hosts of The NPR Politics Podcast. Sam also created and hosted the NPR news & culture podcast, It’s Been a Minute. Find him on social @samsanders
- Want to talk with Megan directly? Join our patreon community for an inexpensive monthly open video Q&A clinic for grieving people
- Want to speak to her privately? Apply for a 1:1 grief consultation here.
- Check out Megan’s best-selling books – It’s OK That You’re Not OK and How to Carry What Can’t Be Fixed
Books and resources may contain affiliate links.
For more information, including clinical training and consulting and to share your thoughts, visit us at megandevine.co
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of It’s OK that You’re Not OK. Tune in, subscribe, leave a review, tag us on social with your thoughts, and share the show with everyone you know. Together, we can make things better, even when they can’t be made right.
Follow the show on TikTok @itsokpod and use the hashtag #ItsOkPod on all social platforms.
New episodes of #ItsOkPod air every Monday. Subscribe and listen on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to podcasts. Tune in, listen, review, subscribe, and please share with everyone you know.