This week on It’s OK that You’re Not OK:
Cruelty on Steroids: how we talk to each other, with Jameela Jamil
We fight hard for the things we believe in. But HOW we fight for those things causes more damage than we realize.
Jameela Jamil is a lightning rod for criticism, but it’s not just how people treat her that she’s concerned about.
“The most punk thing I can do is move towards love and unity.” – Jameela Jamil
In this episode we cover:
- Our odd habit of dehumanizing each other in the name of “progress”
- Do we believe, fundamentally, that human beings are allowed to change and grow?
- What kids learn when we attack each other on social media (or in the news)
- Why vengeance – aka: cancel culture – isn’t going to help us get the world we want
- Why you should try to make more mistakes
Looking for a creative exploration of grief? Check out the best selling Writing Your Grief course here.
About our guest:
Jameela Jamil is an actress, advocate, and podcast host. You’ve seen her in The Good Place, She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, and Legendary, and all over social media commenting on the odd things we do to ourselves and each other. Follow her on IG @jameelajamil, and listen to her podcast I Weigh.
- Want to talk with Megan directly? Join our patreon community for an inexpensive monthly open video Q&A clinic for grieving people
- Want to speak to her privately? Apply for a 1:1 grief consultation here.
- Check out Megan’s best-selling books – It’s OK That You’re Not OK and How to Carry What Can’t Be Fixed
Books and resources may contain affiliate links.
For more information, including clinical training and consulting and to share your thoughts, visit us at megandevine.co
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of It’s OK that You’re Not OK. Tune in, subscribe, leave a review, tag us on social with your thoughts, and share the show with everyone you know. Together, we can make things better, even when they can’t be made right.
Follow the show on TikTok @itsokpod and use the hashtag #ItsOkPod on all social platforms.
New episodes of #ItsOkPod air every Monday. Subscribe and listen on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to podcasts. Tune in, listen, review, subscribe, and please share with everyone you know.