This week on It’s OK that You’re Not OK:
The Full Experience: fitness, love, death & community with Supernatural coach, Leanne Pedante
Have you ever wanted to just SMASH things? Leanne Pedante and her husband Miles’ relationship was built on bravery and communication – they worked so hard to reach the next step together, excited to explore the edges of possibility in love and in life. On his way back to see Leanne after several months away, Miles’ car veered off the road, and he was killed.
In the just under three years since, Leanne has continued to grow the virtual reality fitness community, Supernatural. As a late-comer to fitness, Leanne is no stranger to using movement as a way to process and express pain.
Today on It’s OK, we discuss the ways grief has upended her life, and the ways that both movement and community have kept her alive – willing, at least most days, to lean into the full experience of life.
In this episode we cover:
- Punk-style relationships: how Leanne & Miles created a marriage that suited them
- What one friend told Leanne, and how those words kept her tethered to the world
- Why grief-informed fitness should really be a thing
- The weird world of encouraging others to do things you’re not comfortable doing yourself
We’re re-releasing some of our favorite episodes from the first 3 seasons.
Looking for a creative exploration of grief? Check out the best selling Writing Your Grief course here.
About our guest:
Leanne Pedante is a trainer and trauma + resiliency coach, whose work focuses on connecting people to their bodies and to their full potential. She works as both coach and the Head of Fitness for Supernatural, the VR fitness platform. Her own workouts let her celebrate her physical and mental strength and she wants to show others how to access the pride and power within joyful movement.
Follow her on IG at @leannepedante
- Sign up for Leanne’s newsletter and check out the other community-building things she’s created at her website leannepedante.com
- Try Supernatural with a free trial (VR headset required)
- Want to talk with Megan directly? Join our patreon community for an inexpensive monthly open video Q&A clinic for grieving people
- Want to speak to her privately? Apply for a 1:1 grief consultation here.
- Check out Megan’s best-selling books – It’s OK That You’re Not OK and How to Carry What Can’t Be Fixed
Books and resources may contain affiliate links.
For more information, including clinical training and consulting and to share your thoughts, visit us at megandevine.co