This week on It’s OK that You’re Not OK:
Tembi Locke: From Scratch
Tembi Locke lived an amazing love story: she met a handsome chef during a study abroad year in Italy when she was just 20 years old. They moved to LA to pursue Tembi’s acting career, and built a life around their love of food, family, and each other.
And then leiomyosarcoma arrived.
Is it still a Hollywood love story if it doesn’t have a happy ending?
In this episode we cover:
- Who’s the real couple behind the hit Netflix series, From Scratch?
- Why Tembi made sure From Scratch was an honest guide to profound loss
- How the sleeper hit show Eureka taught Tembi that it’s ok to let people help
- How Tembi Locke learned about the grief in Never Have I Ever only after the show came out
We’re re-releasing some of our favorite episodes from the first 3 seasons. This episode was originally recorded in 2023.
Looking for a creative exploration of grief? Check out the best selling Writing Your Grief course here.
Related episodes :
About our guest:
Tembi Locke is a writer, executive producer, and an accomplished actor. Her best-selling book, From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home was the basis for the hit Netflix series, From Scratch. Find her @tembilocke
- Read Tembi Locke’s book – From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home
- Want to talk with Megan directly? Join our patreon community for an inexpensive monthly open video Q&A clinic for grieving people
- Want to speak to her privately? Apply for a 1:1 grief consultation here.
- Check out Megan’s best-selling books – It’s OK That You’re Not OK and How to Carry What Can’t Be Fixed
Books and resources may contain affiliate links.
For more information, including clinical training and consulting and to share your thoughts, visit us at megandevine.co